FEES AND CHARGES
1. The Joining Fee - we do not currently apply a joining fee or induction fee to new members.
2. Membership fees we offer various memberships and current prices can be found on our website or obtained from a member of the team. All fees are payable per calendar month and in advance.
3. Initial membership fee will be charged on a pro rata basis for the remainder of the current Month. Future payments / Direct debits will then be due at the beginning of each month for the following months membership.
4. If any Direct Debit / payment is returned unpaid or if any other form of payment is not honoured for whatever reason, you shall pay us on demand an administration fee of £25. If, despite us having notified you of a missed payment, further payments are missed, we reserve the right to, at our sole election, either suspend or terminate your membership without notice. We may present an option to reduce the administration fee if the outstanding amount is paid online within 7 days of becoming due.
5. You agree to advise us immediately of any change to the Members Details provided.
1. From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least 1 full months' notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with the membership terms and conditions and rules. If you do not terminate the membership by the date given to you in the notice then the price of your membership will be increased in accordance with our notice.
1. You may terminate your membership at any point by cancelling your direct debit with your bank, allowing 3 to 4 working days for the bank to action this.
2. In the above circumstances your membership will remain in force until the day before your next payment is due, at which point it will automatically terminate.
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE
As per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 you are entitled to cancel your membership and receive a full refund of any fees paid within 14 days of completing your membership application form. However, as per regulation 36 of Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, if you select to commence your membership immediately, or you ask us to start your membership early, you agree that if you subsequently cancel your membership within the 14 day period, you will be refunded any monies paid, less an amount for the membership you have already used. As an example of how this works, if your membership fee is £15 per month and you cancel your membership after 10 days of it commencing (having asked us to start it immediately) we shall refund you £10, keeping £5, which represents the membership you had used up to the point of cancellation.
1. Your membership & Access (defined below) can only be used by you: Your membership is issued solely for your use, as your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of a gym. You will be required to register your biometric data thumb/finger print/facial mapping on our access control system to enable you to access the gym.
2. You must not let anyone else in! Even if they are a member you must not let any other person into the gym, you must close the door behind you and they must access using their own thumb/finger print/Face.
3. You must ensure that you close all doors and gates behind you at all times, if you open the gate to access the gym you must close and lock it behind you after entry and exit. Should you fail to secure the gym or gates, you may be liable for any loss or damage arising from that failure.
4. Access is monitored: In the interests of the safety and security of all Access is monitored, and individuals accessing the gym may also be asked to provide proof of identification.
5. Our Right to make additional charges and/or cancel your membership: If you unreasonably refuse to cooperate with our investigation, or following our investigation we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have given access to another individual or individuals, depending on the particular circumstances of each case, we reserve the right to take one or both of the following steps, which are in addition to any other legal rights that we may have : (a) to apply a penalty charge to your membership fees (and increase your direct debit payment(s) accordingly). The penalty charge will be calculated as being equal to the daily membership charge (that applied at the time of use) for each occasion on which you gave access to that individual/those individuals; and/or (b) in the event of serious misuse of access, for example, you have given access on repeated occasions and/or to more than one individual, to notify you, via email, that we are cancelling your membership with immediate effect, and no refunds will be given.
6. Your responsibility for anothers conduct: If we have reasonable grounds for believing that you knowingly provided Access to another individual or individuals, or allowed unauthorised entry following your entry to the gym (Known as tailgating) in addition to our rights referred to in paragraph 4 above, we may hold you responsible for the conduct of the individual(s) while on our gym premises, and liable for any loss we suffer as a consequence of that conduct.
PAY AS YOU GO MEMBERSHIP TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. Your membership will be activated on the date you specified.
2. You will be entitled to all the rights and privileges exercisable for a full time member.
3. You cannot transfer this daily membership to anyone else nor transfer to another date.
1. Members must be 16 or older.
2. You agree to comply with the Gym Rules which are displayed prominently in the Club and relate to opening hours, use of facilities and your conduct. We may make reasonable changes to these Rules at any time provided that we give you advance notice of the change.
3. If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us enforcing the terms of this agreement strictly at a future date.
4. We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
5. There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of, the gym of which you are a member. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. We will use all commercially reasonable endeavours to ensure that such closures are outside of peak visiting hours and are kept to a minimum, in both duration and frequency. You will not be entitled to a refund of part of, or all of, your membership fees in such circumstances.
6. We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by any event that is outside of our reasonable control.
7. We will not be liable or responsible for outstanding monies paid to a Personal Trainer. Personal Training is arranged directly with the PT and not with Pride Fitness.
8. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to any services that are not carried out with reasonable skill and care, or if the materials we use are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office. Nothing in these terms will affect these legal rights.
9. This agreement is governed by English Law.
10. We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of the Gyms Rules.
11. To the best of your knowledge and belief you are in good health and not knowingly incapable of engaging in either active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort, wellbeing or physical condition. Further, that you will advise us immediately should your circumstances change.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
(a) provide your membership services;
(b) process your membership payment; and
(c) inform you about relevant products or services from Pride Fitness.
2. We will not give your personal data to any third party.
HEALTH AND SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
It is important that all members understand and acknowledge the health and safety information listed below before using the gym and/or its equipment:
1. Pride Fitness is in part, an unmanned facility and as such we recommend that you train with a partner at all times, the gym may often be unsupervised and it is important that all members understand this
2. As the Gym is primarily unsupervised we require all members to acknowledge that any behaviour that compromises the health and safety of themselves, other gym members or staff will result in immediate termination of their membership.
3. As the Gym is primarily unsupervised we require that all members acknowledge that they are
Responsible for their own health and safety whilst using the gym and its equipment. This includes the safe and proper use of all equipment within the gym. Including the risks associated with using the gym whilst unsupervised.
4. As the gym is primarily unsupervised you must acknowledge that Pride Fitness cannot assume liability for any loss, damage or injury caused to yourself or to others as a result of your negligence or recklessness in this regard. You will be expected to therefore assume all liability (unless loss, damage or personal injury has resulted from negligence on the part of Pride Fitness) for any possible injury suffered or damage to the equipment caused as a result of using the equipment unsafely or incorrectly.
1. You must wear appropriate clothes and shoes in the gym at all times.
2. You must not abuse the equipment of the gym (you will have to pay for any negligent or deliberate damage to gym property).
3. You must not behave in a violent or rude way or in a way which offends, distresses or annoys anyone else.
4. You must not smoke in any part of the gym.
5. You must not bring alcoholic drinks, drugs or other mood altering substances into the gym.
6. You must not drink alcohol in any areas of the gym.
7. You must not take photographs in the public areas of the gym or where there is a risk of compromising the privacy of other users of the gym without their consent.
8. You must clean down equipment with the provided cleaner after use.
9. You must report and faults with equipment as soon as you notice them.
10. You must report any member that you witness breaking these rules.
11. You must make sure that, out of respect for other members, you practice good personal hygiene.
12. We can refuse admission or ask you to leave the gym if we reasonably believe that you have broken any rule.